Tuesday, June 7, 2011
3-3 1/2 cups bread flour
2 Tbsp powdered milk
1 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp quick rising yeast
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cups hot water (120-130)
1. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, milk, sugar, yeast and baking soda in a large bowl; mix well.
2. Add hot water to flour mixture; mix for about 3 minutes. (easiest with and electric mixer) Then gradually mix in enough remaining flour to form soft dough.
3. Knead dough for 6-8 minutes. Now you can either form the dough into a loaf, and place it in a greased bread pan, or roll it out and cut it into round muffins and place on greased cookie sheet.
4. Cover and let rise in a warm place until about double in size. (40 min)
5. Preheat oven to 375. Bake loaf until golden and sounds hollow when tapped, 25-30 min. Bake muffins about half the time, checking them for color.